Institute of Communication and Computer Systems
Patission Str. 42
Photos: Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC), Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
This project has received funding from the European High-Performance Computing Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 956560. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and Greece, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Italy
This notice provides you with information on how we (see “Introduction”) will process your personal data.
The REGALE project website is operated by the affiliated with
ICCS Computing Systems Laboratory (CSLab)
National Technical University of Athens
Within REGALE, CSLab is the controller of personal data processed when the website is accessed. If you contact us the controller for the related personal data is Dr. Georgios Goumas, REGALE Project Coordinator, Institute of Communication and Computer Systems Patission Str. 42, 10682 Athina, Greece; +30 210-772-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the respective data protection officers at:
- Data Protection Officer of Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ): email@example.com
- Data Protection Officer of ICCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes for which we process your data, processed data categories and legal basis of the processing
3.1 When you visit our website, we process the following data automatically:
- IP address
3.2 The purpose for processing of this data is to
- provide this website to you
- improve and further develop this Website
- detect, prevent, and investigate attacks on our website.
- create usage statistics
3.3 We process the data on the basis of our prevailing legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR) which is to achieve the purposes set out under Point 3.2.
4. When you get in contact with us
4.1 When you get in contact with us, we process personal data which you provided to us on, e.g.
- email address,
- telephone Number
- other information you provided to us on a voluntary basis
4.2 The purpose for processing is to establish contact with you and to process your inquiry
4.3 We process the data on the basis of our prevailing legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR) which is to achieve the purposes set out under Point 4.2.
5. Social Media
5.1 On the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR we use social plug-ins on our website and we maintain online presences within social networks and platforms to make our project better known. The promotional purpose behind this is to be considered a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The social media providers themselves carry out extensive data processing. For a detailed description of the processing and the opt-out possibilities, we refer to the following information of the linked providers. Legally it is still controversial whether we are also legally responsible for the data processing of the social media providers.
5.2 Social media providers used:
- Twitter (Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA) – Data Protection Notice: https://twitter.com/de/privacy, Opt-Out: https://twitter.com/personalization, Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO.
6. Transfer of your personal data
- We will not activley disclose your personal data to third parties, except we are required to do so by law. When using Social Media Plugins, personal data (e.g. IP addresses) may be transferred to third parties.
- We do not actively transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When using Social Media Plugins, personal data (e.g. IP addresses) may be transferred to third countries.
7. Retention periods
- We store log data for seven days.
- In other cases mentioned (e.g. Inquiries by e-mail), we cannot clearly stating the retention period in advance. Your personal data will only be kept for as long as we reasonably consider necessary for achieving the purposes set out under Point 4 above.
- We will, in any case, retain your personal data for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or potential legal claims are not yet time-barred.
8. Your Rights in Connection with your personal data
8.1. Under applicable law your principal rights are:
- Right to Access
- Right to rectification or deletion
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to processing
- Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on point Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR (Article 21 GDPR)
8.2. LRZ as controller:
If you have any questions regarding your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights as described above, you can contact the data protection officer at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights as described above, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of ICCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Closing remarks